[3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 00:54:45 +0000
NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   80:   84    1:35
   40:  119    1:30
   20:   52    0:55
---------------------

Team: SMC - Climate Changing Sprinters

Comments:

Was really worried about propagation as I fought for contacts on 20m at the
start of the contest, but as I got to 40m, things were a lot better and there
was a LOT of fun to be had. There were plenty of stations to work on 80m as
well, but the QRN was terrible, and there was a lot of quick QSB, where
perfectly readable stations would disappear before you'd hear the whole
exchange. So, QSOs sometimes took a lot longer than one would like.

Overall, participation levels seemed very high, and the exchanges were very
friendly. Lots of new callsigns heard, and I made it a point to thank them for
participating, and coached them as needed.

NEVER once heard any frequency fights or "pig farmer" issues.

Great fun and looking forward to the next one!

- Scott KA9FOX