[3830] WPX SSB KT6V(MM0LID) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT6V(MM0LID) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 20:40:21 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT6V
Operator(s): MM0LID
Station: W4AAW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

   40:    0
   20: 1569
   15:  138
   10:    0

Well lets just say that was lots of fun.
There was serious concerns midweek on how the bands were going to be due to the
Geomag storms and bad solar numbers.
But boy did they come to life!

Unfortunately there was a catastrophic failure on the friday before the start.
A tree fell and severed the feedline for the 40m antenna and it was unable to
be repaired before starting.
So lost a lot of valuable points on there and reports seem that the band was in
great shape too!

Debated to go single band due to the issue, but in the end decided to go all
band minus 40. Happy with the score.

15m just didnt happen.. Caribbean was weak most of the time, not much from EU
and lots of calling with no response! 10 was dead most of the weekend with me.

All in all lots of fun and my huge thanks go to Mike W4AAW for hosting me at
the fine station once again and to Tom HP1XT/K6CT for the use of the fine call.
IT definitely attracted a lot of attention.

Thanks to all for calling and the fun.

See you next time around

73 Scott
MM0LID