[3830] ARRLDX CW W1WEF SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1wef3@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1WEF SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:57:13 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT

  160:   53    36
   80:  237    64
   40:  753    81
   20: 1129   102
   15:  531    75
   10:   19    12
-------------------
Total: 2722   370  Total Score = 3,021,420

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I really enjoyed this one! Conditions were great, my station was flawless...
even the computer stuff.  "I did it MY way", SO1R, Unassisted, plenty
of sleep although it was tough having had eight YCCC mugs of coffee over the
weekend. Ate a dozen chocolate chip cookies and even watched the U Conn women's
basketball game that turned out to be the biggest squeaker of the season...but
they won their 101st game straight by 3 points.

I felt like Forrest Gump; I ran and I ran and I ran. Saturday morning I had the
best run ever from home, staying on the same frequency for 3 1/2 hours with a
continuous pileup. I decided this was too much fun to leave the frequency to
look for mults, knowing also that I would lose the frequency if I did. When I
did leave, it seemed like it was easier to find a hole to settle in again,
maybe because more and more of us have good radios with narrow filters. I used
the 300hz filter the entire time.

It's still a thrill to find a new mult and I always do when I go S&P, like
XV1X on 40. He was puny weak when I heard him, but he came right back with a Q5
exchange. I set a stretch goal of 3M in the middle of the contest, and thanks to
a few mults on 20 and D4C kindly moving to 80 for me I barely made it.

Thanks world for all the Qs and fun.   JACK W1WEF

Station:   One tower, 108 ft Rohn 25
         TH6's at 108 ft and 75 ft (on rotating sidearm)
         XM 240 at 116 ft
         Wire 4 sq in woods on 80, and 80 dipole at 85 ft (only used the 4 sq)
         Inv L 160 with 90 ft vertical and 75 radials
         Eu beverage 550 ft unterminated

         FTDX 5000    AL1500