[3830] ARRLDX CW ND0C SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ND0C SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 00:25:32 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   25    19
   20:   45    34
   15:   59    36
   10:   14    10
-------------------
Total:  143    99  Total Score = 42,471

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was another one where life got in the way resulting in very limited
operating time.  I got home from a business trip just before midnight on
Friday, and was bushed so went to bed.  I had also managed to get a nasty cold
late in the week and had very little energy.  I didn't do much operating during
either Saturday or Sunday - just "vegged" on the couch.  I dragged
myself to a Daddy-Daughter event Saturday night (a "command
performance"!) then headed straight for bed again.

The bands seem to be in reasonable shape considering where we are in the cycle.
 It was nice to get some Qs on 10.  I spent about an hour and half late Sunday
afternoon, beginning about an hour before sunset and was hearing quite a few
Europeans.  I was  able to work quite a few before dark (and the end of the
contest).  So it made me wish I'd been able to operate during the two previous
nights and wondering how good 80 could have been to Europe.  Oh well, there's
always next year!

I'm quite sure I didn't get any new band countries this time but it's always
reassuring to know that 5 watts will still get some DX!

Station:
  Rig: Yaesu FTDX3000 running 5 watts out
  Antennas: Cycle 24 TX38 tribander at 40' (2 elements on 20 and 15, 4 elements
on 10), dipoles for 40

73,
Randy, ND0C