[3830] RTTY Roundup N3QE SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N3QE SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 00:11:27 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD

Total: 1383  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 64  Total Score = 167,343

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had never thought that I would actually blow past my score from last years
RTTY RU - with 15M not really open to EU - but I did!

40M pretty lame after sundown the first night, but 80M just completely rocked
through the whole first night more than making up for it.

In the last 90 minutes, I tried something I had never done before: I went
entirely S&P driven completely by skimmer spots. I sorted so the most
recent spots were on top and just clicked like an adrenaline-fueled junkie on
the most recent spot and if it seemed in the right phase and had a good ID
within like 10 seconds, I worked it. That worked with a YUUUUGE RATE up until
the last 5 minutes when my radio-PC interface conked out after a million mouse
clicks :-). Boy, that was a blast. I can't imagine doing that for a whole
contest but for the last 90 minutes it was a BLAST!!!

Ten-Tec Eagle + AL1500 + 130 foot doublet. MMTTY+2Tone+Gritty 1.3. Gritty 1.3
has a much better squelch threshold than previous version and was often my main
decoder for a huge chunk of the contest.