[3830] RAC Winter AB1J M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter AB1J M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 15:06:26 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   58              5
   40:   86     2        6         2
   20:   44              6
   15:    1              0
Total:  189     2       17         2  Total Score = 21,116

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was an inadvertent contest. All I wanted was to work a few on 80m but I had
so much fun I did a full blown part-time operation. I thought I'd find more
phone on 40m, but no luck. There was good activity on CW. Conditions weren't
great with very little DX and most of that was in the 9A CW contest.

Now that I'm retired I like 24 hour contests starting on Friday evening local
time. No waiting to get going on the weekend's activities.

I ran assisted so got boosted into the Multi-Single category. I trust the
sponsors are strictly enforcing the Single-Op no assistance rule. That gives me
a nice warm, fuzzy feeling.

On Saturday afternoon 40m below 7100 kHz was filled up with the 9A CW, RAC
Winter and OK DX RTTY, pretty much self-segregated and peacefully coexisting.
There was probably some confusion with the first two which both exchanged
serial numbers. Guess you could work either if both ends understood the
situation. I tried to avoid the 9A CW folks as I didn't want to submit a log
there.

The contest year is over for me. It was a good year even though the sunspots
continue to decline and steal away the higher bands which are so productive.
For the next few years I'll have to peddle faster just to keep in place.

Happy Holidays,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
Indoor and outdoor wires