[3830] TBDC K0VXU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K0VXU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 17:10:00 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM28
Operating Time (hrs): 5:25

Total:  QSOs = 196  Total Score = 755

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL-922A, Inverted L

Wow! Very noisy this winter.  I had tough time picking weak ones out of the QRN
that was a steady S9+10-15 dB.  Even the Beverage had trouble knocking down the
noise.

That said, it is always a fun contest.  I was surprised that I could hear
anything outside of the US but there were a few stations strong enough to mount
my QRN.  It was especially nice to have a couple of KH6's answer my CQ.
European signals were strong but the QRN was stronger.  It is always amazing
how signal propagate on 160.  Sometimes you hear them, sometimes you
don't...but just wait for them to come around again.

Thanks to all who wrested my signal from the noise and who provided a QSO.

73,
Russ - K0VXU