[3830] ARRL 10 N4BP SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4bp@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N4BP SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 15:26:59 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4BP
Operator(s): N4BP
Station: N4BP

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: FL

   CW:  715    80
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  715    80  Total Score = 228,800

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Friday night's QSOs numbered 15 FL and 5 MI.  Saturday started early and brought
the QSO total up to 340.  But that evening I pulled a WC4E (older FCG members
will get this).  When the band folded after sunset, I pulled the plug, had
dinner, and watched a movie on TV.  Fortunately, I checked e-mail around 9:15
to discover that the best opening of the day was in progress.  So I caught
about the last 45 minutes.  Sunday was fantastic, the band was open most of the
day all the way up to around 5:30.  US/VE/XE: Missed ND, SD, NE, and AK for WAS.
 Added three XE mults and all but NL, YT, NWT, and NU in Canada.  EU: worked two
very loud EA's and one F on Saturday, then added G, PA, and DL on Sunday.  Only
other QSOs worthy of note were CN2R, VP8NO, and ZL3PAH.  The station worked
flawlessly with the amp outputting 1300W with assistance from two high volume
115VAC muffin fans to keep it from faulting on temperature.  Only difficulty
was noise, which unfortunately peaked to the NW where most of my QSOs were
made.  The way it cycled on and off leads me to believe it might be an
appliance in one of the neighbor's houses.  All in all, a fun event, but hope
I'm around for the next cycle peak.