[3830] SS CW KT8K Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KT8K Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 04:37:52 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE Michigan

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were a lot better than last weekend, that's for sure!   It was still
tough going at times, but most of the time conditions were at least quiet so
you could hear people, though signals weren't often especially strong.

I apologize to those who had to suffer my herky-jerky code and mis-timed
transmissions.  The station laptop is so old it froze for 2-3 seconds every
time it checked a callsign, making my timing bad and causing other problems.
The CW was also often poorly timed, too.

In spite of all I had fun, though, and hope you did, too.  It was great to log
many of my Mad River friends as well as my good friend southern California,
Gordon KM6I.  Thanks for pulling me out of the late contest aether.

Thanks to all who listened hard for my tiny signal, and to the organizers for
another great contest.

Please check out my new ham radio song on youtube: "If You Ain't Runnin',
You Ain't Winnin'"  at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2pO3XibMvE
My other song "I Want a Big Tower" is at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA    Thanks for enjoying my music.
More songs are coming!

Station Equipment (is getting really old)
- Tentec Orion with MFJ Grandmaster keyer and Bencher BY-1 paddle
- ancient XP laptop on its last legs, running N1MM+  (very jerky)

Antennas:
20/40/80m dipole fed at about 25 feet elevation
Cushcraft A3 driven element suspended vertically in tree, feed point at ~35
feet

Best 73 to all and C U in the next big one!
Good reception - Tim, KT8K