[3830] CQWW SSB VP5DX(@VP5KE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nu4y@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VP5DX(@VP5KE) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 11:20:41 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP5DX
Operator(s): N4KE AB4UF N4EPD AA4FL NU4Y
Station: VP5KE

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

  160:  179    11       29
   80:  572    22       86
   40: 1539    27      103
   20: 2230    32      121
   15: 2463    29      119
   10:  331    22       68
------------------------------

We managed to put the fallen tower up before the contest, rebuilt the beam that
was damaged. 2-Tribander's , 40 meter vertical, 40 meter dipole, 80 meter
dipole, 80 meter inverted L (that didn't work very well at all), and 160 meter
inverted L with only 33 foot vertical.  Radio's Ic-756pro, and AL-1200, TS-950S
and AL-1200.  The TS-950S would drop to only 10 watts of output power every once
and a while and receive would drop down also.  A tap with the hammer on right
rear of the case would bring it back (sometimes it took multiple hits) The
hammer sat right next to the keyboard for quick repair.  What fun, BIG pile ups
and many commented how loud we were. WHAT LUCK.  Wish we had more antennas up
and better condx on 10 meters.  Thanks to all (many 6 banders) Had a couple of
visitors in shack before the contest, WA2BOT Jeff, and Chris VP5/W8CTB. Also
VP5/AA4FL made many satellite contacts with his arrow antenna and 5 watts.  73
VP5DX crew.