[3830] CQWW SSB NA8V SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NA8V SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 02:23:49 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   43    10       21
   80:   92    18       47
   40:   87    19       40
   20:  268    27       89
   15:  174    19       54
   10:  111    13       38
------------------------------
Total:  775   106      289  Total Score = 795,925

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Going in I knew it would be rugged - but not this bad.  The past few years it's
seemed the big contests had best condx.  Oh, well.  As bad as it was, every
once in a while something good would happen to keep one motivated although I
did start to take some short breaks the 2nd 24 hours.  Managed to get 23 QSOs
from CQing.  Probably half of those were W's.  I also started to favor 160/80
and 20/10 over 40 and 15.  I'm sure that hurt my score a bit but it did
maximize the enjoyment.  80 and 160 had some decent conditions and activity,
especially to the south.  On Sunday, managed to work 4 EU on 10 (EA/EA6/CT)
which was actually a thrill given what had been happening and it was the 2nd
day.

Two weeks ago I had 160 DL contacts in the WAG in a very part time effort.
This weekend I had 8.  One each on 80/40 and 6 on 20.  That pretty much tells
the story.  Looking thru the post-contest reports what i *didn't* work stands
out more than what I did.

While it was a struggle, it was still the CQWW.  Thanks for the contacts!

greg/na8v