[3830] CaQP NC6K SO(A)Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nc6k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP NC6K SO(A)Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 03:00:24 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO(A)Fixed LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 17:40
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  154     14
   40:  229     20
   20:  258     17
   15:  208     47
   10:   40      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  889     98  Mults = 53  Total Score = 151,739

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is the 3rd time in 4 years that I was on a business trip the week leading
up to CQP and got sick when I got back. I am absolutely blocking out my
calendar in future years - I am amazed that I keep setting myself up like this
- all in the name of paying the bills. I was coughing so badly that I couldn't
even run on SSB until halfway through the contest, and that didn't last long. I
spent a good deal of Sunday sleeping - not conducive to high scores. By 1 PM, I
was so wiped out that I went to bed.

Now that I got that out of my system (unlike the virus, which I still have), I
have to say that conditions on Saturday were fantastic considering the high K
value and relatively low solar flux. Even 10 Meters was solid for at least a
few hours, and 80/40 were quite usable throughout the night. I was quite
impressed at the out-of-state participation and high scores from the rest of
the country.

Finally, looking at missed multipliers, I am still astounded that I didn't pick
up NE. How is that possible? I feel like I worked several dozen WV and NH
stations, which are normally tough, but also missed RI, DE and NT (no
surprise). This may have been my high score for CQP, and was certainly in the
top three. Gives me quite a bit of room for improvement next year. Thanks to
all that participated! Despite my griping, I had a lot of fun.