[3830] IARU WW4LL M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WW4LL M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 16:20:10 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: WW4LL
Operator(s): N4PN KU8E WW4LL K1ZZI W4KTR K4NV
Station: WW4LL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:     8     0      4        1
   80:    72     0      9        9
   40:   529    26     27       31
   20:   590   527     34       46
   15:   177    35     13       18
   10:     9     0      2        3
-------------------------------------
Total:  1385   588     89      197  Total Score = 1,058,087

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Obviously, the conditions is the number one subject in the comments section for
most everyone, however, we had great overnight runs into Asia.  Expected a
storm to come thru late last night but it moved southeast of us so while noise
was bad at times, it wasn't what we expected.

A big thanks to Steve, W9SN, who came down 3 weeks in a row to finish all the
loose ends of the station rebuild, allowing us to compete this year in IARU.
We still have several things to fix and tie up some loose ends before fall
contest season starts.  The new W3JK antennas played very well and met our
expectations of the station rebuild.

We had the right team here for this contest that is about 2/3 CW and 1/3 SSB.
N4PN and KU8E took the overnight shift, maximizing 20, 40 & 80 meter Qs and
Mults.  N4PN and K1ZZI got us off to a very good start yesterday on CW followed
by K4NV & W4KTR doing a great job on phone.  A big thanks also to Dennis
and Keith for trouble shooting a problem in the heat yesterday and getting our
10 meter system back online.

Getting on the SDR bandwagon with the purchase of my first Flex 6700 which we
didn't use for IARU, but will have it online shortly for future contests.

Thanks to all of the participants!

73'....Fred, WW4LL