[3830] WPX CW WB5EIN SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WB5EIN SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 00:10:45 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 25:18

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Great fun!  Last year, I was privileged to be an invited guest op at contesting
superstation, NQ4I, and spent most of my time on the 20m mult position (43
hours!...and I was actually hallucinating by the time the contest was over).

This year, it has been much more relaxed.  But, I do feel comfy with my score.

I don't have the big towers, beams, phased arrays, etc., that most of you have.
 Just a simple 400' horizontal loop up in the trees here.  And, I entered the HP
category simply because I HAD to add a bit more power in order for y'all to even
hear me.  But, still, my station is quite meager my ordinary standards.  But, my
will and determination are like iron!

It was great to work so many of my contesting friends...and the hardest part
was to avoid stopping for a quick chat, but I knew you were eager to move on to
the next QSO, because you were seeking that top score.  And, it was amazing to
hear some of the numbers that you rang up!

Now, for a few days of 'rest' (translation: getting back to my very extensive
consulting projects, near-endless meetings next week, and planning for the next
contest outing with friends).

By the way, MAJOR kudos to my very wonderful wife (we started liking each other
when she was in 6th grade and we're closing in on 50 years of marriage) for
being so understanding about my operating this weekend.  We really depend upon
our spouse's support, don't we?  I surely did get a winner when I got married
as a young lad!

73,
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  CWOps#1327
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Rig: Ten-Tec Orion 565AT  ~100w into 400' horizontal loop up 40'