[3830] WPX SSB WC5T(W1UE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WC5T(W1UE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 12:05:10 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WC5T
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I keep forgetting how much I don't like pure phone contests.  Oh well, just one
more pure SSB contest left in this WRTC qualifying year!

Great opening on 160M to Europe at their sunrise on Sunday morn.  I've operated
a lot of 160M over the years, and the signals from Europe on Sunday morn were as
loud as I've ever heard them.  DJ8OG said he just had a simple antenna and 100
watts, and he was S9+20!  I literally couldn't tell the difference between
locals and the Europeans.  30 went into the log in 30 minutes- it doesn't get
any better than that!

Congrats to Andy N2NT and Alex KC3R for great scores.  Looks like we have some
new players in the LP sandbox!

Thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his great station, and to Chris N1XS for the
use of the WC5T call.  See you all in the WPX CW test.

Dennis W1UE