[3830] CQ160 CW KV4FZ Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KV4FZ Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 14:42:45 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 685  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 58  Total Score = 470,360

Sorry for appearing deaf for some otherwise Q5 signals but the incessant bad
clicks from another station less than a mile away covered the band.  I stayed
as far away as possible at the bottom of the band but the clicks were still
horrendous even on my dummy load.  I was however able to use the DXE NCC-1
phaser as a noise canceler to null out the clicks so I could at least work some
nice EU 10 pointers.Phasing was the best solution but since the offending
station was NW of me the NE direction was better and I got a lot of EU's in the
log.  However I could not S&P at all because of the bad clicks so just
stayed in one place.  If the offending station would have gone higher in the
band things might have been better a bit but that was not to be because he
started to S&P and essentially froze me to 1816 or below. Again sorry for
appearing deaf on so many W's.  I am currently look for a good remote RX as I
have locations a several UHF tower sites on quiet high locations. Maybe I will
invest in an SDRplay with a simple Beverage but I am not sure yet how to make
this into a WebSDR for others to QRX via the internet from this location.  So I
will start with a simple control connection to my shack but 10 miles away from
the click machine nearby. Additionally if anyone knows how to adjust the K3
(offending station) to remove clicks please let me know.