[3830] ARRL 160 K5WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K5WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 01:13:34 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX

Total:  QSOs = 520  Sections = 72  Countries = 16  Total Score = 95,800

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was only able to put a single night effort into this contest but was glad to
have the chance to play around.  There were some really big signals!  WB9Z and
W9RE owe me a new S-meter.

Since I had to miss CQWW CW due to family visits I thought I'd slip out to the
station and see how the 4 square was feeling.  Good thing I did because there
were several minor lightning strike issues I had to fix or workaround.  I lost
the dual video card in my computer and a couple of control cards in my PLC
antenna control system.  It took a couple of hours to diagnose everything but I
finally got rolling about 4 hours into the contest.  It seemed like conditions
were reasonable for STX and had SV, S5, F, G , OM and OK call in while CQing.
I had no chance to rest up for this contest with work requirements so went to
bed at 2 AM local but woke up at 7 AM to get another hour in.  I logged a VK7
at about the right time but that may be wishful thinking.  That's what I heard
but we were out of sync to confirm for sure.  I'll leave it in the log just in
case.  ;-)

73,
Bob K5WA