[3830] CQWW CW N8SBE SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8SBE@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8SBE SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 01:21:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

   40:   60     9       27
   20:   82    23       38
   15:  104    18       48
   10:   33    12       18
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Another personal best.  Worked more hours than before, and came away with more
than a hundred more QSO's.  CW is still a weak point for me, and so all CW
contests for me are strictly S&P, to give me time to get the other guy's
callsign and exchange before I wade in at his run rate.

I realize that I could work my CW speed up by operating CW a lot more, but I
figure I do pretty well in my current busy life getting to spend most of a
weekend on a contest now and then.  Aside from helping out MRRC with club
scores, my main aim is to build up my QSO's on LOTW for band endorsement for
DXCC and WAS.

As has been the usual for recent contests, the bands were chock full of
signals, so I didn't lack for stations to call.  I'm still amazed at how the
bands look like someone just switched them off, when the contest is over.
You'd think the propagation had just suddenly failed worldwide.  The effect is
pretty impressive when viewing a busy band on my P3 external display, which has
a two-minute waterfall.  A minute after the contest is over, the lower half of
the screen is still full of signals, and the top half is blank.  Really
spooky.

73,

--- Dave, N8SBE