[3830] CQWW SSB N8SBE SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8SBE@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N8SBE SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 00:11:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: MI

   40:   12     6       10
   20:  102    20       52
   15:  100    19       46
   10:  102    14       38
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Bands were in great shape.  10 Meters was full up past 28.6 MHz when open.  My
only struggle was on 40 Meter, where I have a ZS6BKW G5RV up about 35 feet,
oriented N/S. It's a good performer state-side on 80 and 40 Meters, but not
very helpful with my barefoot signal against the big guns on 40 going for the
DX.  The DX was quite strong to me on receive, with better than S9 signals from
EU in the evenings, but the pileups were so fierce, I couldn't make myself
heard.  On the other hand, my 2 el. quad at 40+ feet runs circles around a lot
of stations even though I run exclusively without an amplifier.  Very
satisfying antenna.  Only got a chance to work about 13 hours this contest.
Maybe I'll have more time next time.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE