[3830] CQ WW RTTY JA1BPA SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY JA1BPA SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 01:28:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA
Station: JA1BPA

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Chiba, JAPAN

   20:    2
   15:  874      48      108    35
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  874      48      108    35  Total Score = 475,208

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

"Wonderful openings to Europe, but mediocre propagation to North
America."

With the solar cycle in the downturn, I gave up on 10mb and chose
15mb this year.

I was surprised at the slow start toward North America at the
beginning.  The furthest I could get was GA and no one even
from the Midwest.  The propagation was still mediocre late
Saturday / early Sunday, and even the usually strong K1SFA @K1TTT
was S=7~8.  In contrast, the opening to Europe was steady
and excellent on both days.  The propagation started around
05UTC and lasted until 12UTC.

The interesting path for the weekend was the opening toward
northern part of the US West Coast at 19UTC on Saturday.
The band is normally dead before our local sunrise (at 2030
UTC), but K7RI was already booming and VE7 and W7 were there.
Strangely, neither South Pacific (i.e, FW5JJ) nor W6s were
audible.

In the end, I was short of my own JA record set in 2013, but
beat it by the number of multipliers.

I will be a member of M/S team at JG1ZUY for WW SSB and
CW, using either my call sign or JM1LPN.  See you all again!

Best 73,

Icko, JA1BPA