[3830] CQ WW RTTY W7VO SOSB(A)/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7vo@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W7VO SOSB(A)/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:48:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W7VO
Operator(s): W7VO
Station: W7VO

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: Scappoose, OR

   80:    0       0       0     0
   40:    0       0       0     0
   20:  509      49      81    32
   15:    0       0       0     0
   10:    0       0       0     0
-----------------------------------
Total:  509      49      81    32  Total Score = 193,266

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Only had a limited time to devote to my very first CQWW RTTY this weekend, so
decided on a 20M SOSB HP entry.  I am really hooked on this test!  Missed the
first couple of hours on Friday night, and part of Saturday morning, but Sunday
was a long one in the saddle. I could have slept in a few more hours, as the
band really didn't open until about 7-8 AM. Instead I was eagerly out in the
cold shack at 4 AM in my pajamas listening for long path that just wasn't
there. I did work about four EU stations in those three dead hours though, and
four is more than zero!

The state/prov mults kept it interesting. and the smoothness of running with
MTTY and N1MM+ made it seamless. I had a lot of problems with getting stations
tuned in to decode correctly with so many guys on at first, but by the end of
the contest I could tune them in almost by sound alone. Since I am using AFSK
with a Signalink, the N1MM spots were pretty much useless other than that
"somebody was on the band close to that frequency". It appears that
the entire cluster went belly up sometime on Saturday too. Need to get my true
FSK board working somehow with my FT-2000......

It was also hard to find room for running during the heat of the battle. Unlike
phone and CW tests, I only heard one station doing intentional interfering by
sending long text messages about how bad contesters are. Irony at its finest.

Interesting that there was very, very little JA or South Pacific activity heard
here yesterday afternoon. I was counting on a long JA run to boost the score at
the end of the test that just did not happen.

Still, one of my all time favorite contests. When is the next one?????

73;

Mike, W7VO