[3830] TxQP W1TEF(@W4DFG) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP W1TEF(@W4DFG) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 20:10:54 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: W1TEF
Operator(s): W1TEF
Station: W4DFG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Little Mountain, SC

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    0      0      0
   40:    0      0      0
   20:   41     15      0
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  UHF:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:   41     15      0  Mults = 44  Total Score = 6,732

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

If there was one impression I got from the TXQP, it's that mobiles are king - no
doubt about it - successful QSO Parties need mobiles running counties. We need
to work on attracting more mobiles for the SCQP.

Still, had fun.  I wanted to work both Maine and Texas, but never heard one
Maine station so it was all Texas all the time.  Got a decent start on the TX
Century award and I think I'm past 100.

The mobiles put on quite a show, but the only "complaint", if you can
call it that, is that they need to stay on one frequency for a while. Two calls,
no Qs, its off for greener pastures on another frequency and you have to track
them down again. And when you find them, they'd be gone before you could make
the Q. Frustrating when you don't use spotting assistance.

However, worked K5YAA several times (thanks for the Qs) and my
"shadow" (or is it I'm his shadow in the QPs) N1CC which was a blast.
Its nice to see calls you recognize from other QPs.

I'd like to see more categories as TX is a bigger QP, but it is what it is.

Best regards,

Tom, W1TEF/4