[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 04:41:09 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 3.75
Radios: SO2R

---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC+MRRC+Friends West

Comments:

Activity seemed down and conditions were less than outstanding. Took a few
minutes to sit there convincing myself to plod on. And at one point when the
signals on 80 seemed to be getting some auroral flutter, I took a listen on VHF
to see if anything was happening there. There wasn't.

I did get somewhat lucky with mults. I heard WA8HSB in AL calling WI9WI who was
not hearing him. After WI apparently QSY'd I called HSB for the AL mult. I
thought I had pulled a real coup by working VO2AB on two bands, including his
#1. But it turns out that VO2 is just a Maritime mult, though there were no
other ones heard. (Maybe they don't like not being provinces).  No other VE's
than several VE3's. Found Jerry, K5YAA, mobiling in the Arkansas QSO Party for
that one. But OTOH I missed CT, WA, and IL (I may have had NN7SS on the hook,
but he was just too weak to pull through). Also missed some other frequently
worked ones like UT, AK, OK, and sadly, WY. Nothing outside W/VE for a mult -
although DL1NKS did have a good signal on 40.

See you in February from Florida!

73 - Jim  K8MR