[3830] WAE CW W6NS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshaueter@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W6NS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 03:26:29 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W6NS
Operator(s): W6NS
Station: W6NS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 1.3

   80:   0     0      0
   40:   2     0      6
   20:   6     0     12
   15:   1     0      2
   10:   0     0      0
-------------------------
Total:   9     0     20  Total Score = 180

This summary is from a "CHECK LOG"

Rig: K3, KPA500
Ants:  C3E tribander; Dipole 40m; 1/4 wave Vertical 80m

Whine:  That was an interesting exercise in futility.  Small tribander at 10m
pointing at 15kv/240v xfmr with fused disconnects (cheapest PG&E could
find) and with geomagnetics anything north of southern France was not very
likely, one OK and SP.  A bright spot for me was gray line first night, was
able to copy a call from CU but 500w from the vertical is not enough (about
5-10 mins at gray line).  I may have advance my CW copy skills by listening to
the weak fluttery sigs we received here grid CM95qk - or not.  You guys north
and east of me sound loud: a few are ve7cc, wj9b are a couple, and Bert F6HKA I
could copy the call but never put together a number (I tried).