[3830] ARRL UHF W9SNR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9snr@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF W9SNR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 22:02:02 +0000
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: W9SNR/R
Operator(s): W9SNR
Station: W9SNR/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EN51/52/62

  222:   33    15
  432:   45    14
  903:   23    11
  1.2:   28    12
  2.3:    7     5
  3.4:    3     3
  5.7:
  10G:    2     2
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  141    65  Total Score = 44,460

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Band conditions were poor on Saturday, but picked up considerably on Sunday
morning, particularly to the southeast.  Stations in and around the Dayton area
were particularly loud, even on bands above 432.  Worked K8TQK all the way up to
2304 for the first time in several years.

Overall score was slightly higher than last year, thanks to a few contacts
setup using phone calls.  Two stations also tried to reach me by text, but only
one succeeded in getting my attention before the contest was over.  Text
messages only produce a weak beep from my phone, while phone calls activate a
loud ringer, like the outdoor ones used out on the farm.

I expect to see an increasing use of phone calls to setup contacts in future
contests.

73 - Jim
W9SNR/R