[3830] MiQP AE8M Mobile Solo Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP AE8M Mobile Solo Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:42:50 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: AE8M
Operator(s): AE8M
Station: AE8M

Class: Mobile Solo Op LP
QTH: 6 COUNTIES

   80:   52      9
   40:  103     43
   20:   71     51
--------------------
Total:  226    103  CW Mults = 58  Ph Mults = 53  Total Score = 61,605

37 counties, 40 states/provinces, total raw Q’s = 329
Operating time = 7 hours, 53 minutes, average rate = 42 Q’s/hour
KX3/KXPA100 into hamsticks on 40 and 20, Hustlers on 80 and 75

county   Q’s    minutes     Q’s/hour
====================================

MANI     54       81          40
MASON    61       81          45
OCEA     61       75          49
MUSK     53       68          47
ALLE     62       99          38
OTTA     38       69          33

In 2011 I made a similar mobile effort which resulted in more Q’s (352)
in less operating time.  Whereas in other contests, the rate seems to go
up after dark, this time it went down.  I had plenty of time to operate
in the last two counties (ALLE and OTTA).  But after initial good runs in each

county, contacts became sparse no matter which band or mode I tried.

Thanks to all who called.  The most frequently worked stations were WA3HAE 7,
KA8O 7, K2DSW 6, K8BKM 6, W4ANT 6, K8RYU 5, VE3WG 5 WN4AFP 5.

The low point of the contest actually occurred just before the start of the
contest.  I researched on the internet a nice operating site in Manistee County
on a beach by Lake Michigan in the town of Manistee.  When I arrived, the sky
was blue and the beach and lake were beautiful, sea gulls were flying around.
It seemed perfect.  But the darn bathrooms were locked.  Locking the bathrooms
is not the way to keep Michigan pure.