[3830] ARRLDX SSB KD7H SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KD7H SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 01:19:21 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD7H
Operator(s): KD7H
Station: KD7H

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kirkland, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 14.0

  160:    0     0
   80:   30    17
   40:   30    17
   20:   53    23
   15:   99    29
   10:   33    22
-------------------
Total:  245   108  Total Score = 79,380

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

With, what I would consider, very poor conditions, even with high power, I had
quite a challenging time making contacts with the old ground-mounted vertical
and wire antenna.  Although I am not fond of phone contests, I did what I could
to help with points for my club (WWDXC).  I had some surprises when, for
example, I was able to work two stations from Kuwait on 20m, early Sunday
morning, and a Sicilian station, also on 20m, when no other European stations
were being heard, late Saturday night.  I'm certain that those three contacts
were thanks to the excellent antenna systems at the DX locations (check out
II9P on qrz.com). Seventy-five meters was fun and, I got so involved chasing
the DX, that I stayed up nearly all Saturday night and early Sunday morning
(Martti OH2BH as ZF2BH was VERY LOUD on 75m). 73 and good DX, Rob KD7H