[3830] CQ160 SSB W3DQ Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W3DQ Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 22:49:24 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ N8HM
Station: W3DQ

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

Total:  QSOs = 308  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 8  Total Score = 36,323

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Quite a slog. Paul, N8HM, came straight from work and put in a lot of time and
effort (thank!) and had to deal with our initial station problems. We had RX
antenna issues problems that resulted in our not using them after all. We also
never got the spotting configuration to work properly.

The band was noisy Friday night, but nice and quiet Saturday night.
Unfortunately, that didn't translate to better results.

For reasons we can't quite understand, we were rarely spotted When we died, we
had some nice, albeit, short, runs. Parenthetically, we did note that a
neighboring station was self-spotted. Not much beyond the Midwest (no SD or NE)
or the far west (no NM, MT, NV, CA, UT or WY), and very few Canadians. Maybe
next year!

We seem to be in a rut -- our scores have been relatively the same for the past
couple of years. It's time to really understand the radio environment and what
can be done to improve things.

Thanks for the Q's. We had a fun time!

73,
Eric W3DQ (w/Paul,N8HM)