[3830] ARRLDX CW K5GO M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5GO M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:12:29 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K9BGL KM5PS K5GO
Station: K5GO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AR

  160:   61    43
   80:  205    75
   40: 1140    95
   20:  859   112
   15: 1013   107
   10:  760   100
-------------------
Total: 4038   532  Total Score = 6,444,648

Congratulations to all who spent time to prepare their stations to compete and
have fun working friends in the USA and around the world.

Great efforts by W2FU and K1LZ!

Since the station has not been as active in the last few years I had originally
thought I would work the contest single band 40, but a few days before thought
it would be fun to get a few other operators and enter the MS Category. We did
not do a lot of band changing.  More stations and more operators would have
achieved a better result, but we had a good time and believe we did a good job.
 There was no lack of operating time for the three of us.

I spent a couple of days putting up four new beverages and getting stuff ready.
 Other than an amplifier that failed before the contest and a K3 that blew up
during the contest (forgot to plug dummy load into switched output of my two
radio relay box) everything worked pretty well.

73...Stan, K5GO