[3830] CQ160 CW K7CA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7ca@infowest.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7CA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 05:48:26 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7CA
Operator(s): N7JW K7NJ AA7DJ K7CA W7RH WA7LNW
Station: K7CA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: UT

Total:  QSOs = 1213  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 30  Total Score = 363,440

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were normal (strange) for 160m. We were hearing Europe before sunset
but didn't have the multiplier station working yet. When we did finally get it
going, the Eu stations were not there and were very weak when they did come in.
It was a challenge getting through the east coast wall when we could hear one.
We still didn't get our multiplier station receive antennas installed so we
used the TX antennas for RX which meant that there was some interference from
the run station. That will be fixed by the next contest. However, the JA
propagation was great. We worked 158 JA and 5 KL7 stations. Both mornings JA
was coming in over an hour past sunrise.  The final treat was having VR2XAN
calling in a half hour past sunrise on Sunday morning for a new mult with an S7
signal. Also there were quite a few Canadians worked, 66, and 4 XE. I think that
working this contest is actually more enjoyable from UT compared to CE1 land
with the only regret that I can't give anyone a new country. The summer QRN in
CE1 was getting to be too much. We all had a great time and plan to be back
next year.

Equipment:
K3 X 2
AL1500, Commander amplifiers