[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K2QO SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K2QO SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:43:23 +0000
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K2QO
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: WNY

    6:  37     21
    2:  49     15
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  86     36  Total Score = 3,096

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

Wow, what a tough slog. It was brutal working anyone more than one grid away.
Finding rovers was tough. Of course I can hardly complain as I stayed in my
warm shack while the intrepid few actually went outside. I keep saying to
myself, NO MORE January Sweeps and every year I bang away at it in utter
frustration. I went SO-U to see how the spots might help my score. They didn't.
There were very few, and when combined with the super directional nature of VHF
antennas, they were useless.

There is one lesson here-- Don't do this contest from home as it is too damned
boring. Get out and ROVE like the rest of the year.

In the end this may be my worst ever VHF contest score.

There were highlights. They were, uhh, well, yes, there were, right? Given
enough time I can make up some stories.

73,
Mark K2QO
FN03ra
K3, HG 64DX at 60', 2M7 at 65'. Skookum Logger on a Mac Mini.