[3830] NAQP SSB NK7U M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NK7U M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:14:43 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): K7ZO K7MK
Station: NK7U

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  106    33
   20:  100    31
   15:  111    41
   10:  301    30
-------------------
Total:  618   135  Total Score = 83,430

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

This was really a part time M/S operation with K7MK and I time-sharing the
remote system at NK7U. We had thought of doing an actual M/2 on site, but
family commitments and a winter storm ended up keeping us in Boise. So, it was
mostly a chance to use and debug the remote system, under contest conditions,
than it was a full blown NAQP entry. Nothing like a pending contest start to
provide a goal and motivation to get something working. Things seemed to work
well and several folks I stopped and talked with were amazed I was on a remote
-- "No Latency", "Audio Sounds Great" were the comments
received.

We will get to the point where we can have two radios online at the same time
over the remote. Then we can do a full M/2 NAQP that way. One of the goals for
2015.

Oh yea, at least at the start 10 Meters was rocking out here. A 212 first hour
was a whole lot of fun!

Scott/K7ZO