[3830] NAQP CW N7ZG M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N7ZG M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 22:33:19 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG N7BV N7WA
Station: N7ZG

Class: M/2 LP
QTH:

  160:    0     0
   80:  123    28
   40:  275    46
   20:  393    52
   15:  440    48
   10:  230    40
-------------------
Total: 1461   229  Total Score = 334,569

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

This year, we reconstituted an old team (N7ZG, N7WA, N7BV) down at N7ZG's place
on Harstine Island to play in the M2 category. Networking problems kept us off
the internet but we had a blast anyway. We would rotate each hour from radio to
radio, then one guy gets an hour off before rotating back on.

I can't speak for the others but after two hours of intense operating, I can
use a break and it did get intense at the start with steady rates over 100 and
momentary peaks above 250. Ten and 15M were in fine form. Twenty seemed slow at
the start but I think that's because everyone was in the upper bands. I think we
finally got hang of the mult passing procedure. We managed to pass quite a few
successfully. My thanks to those who took the time move to another band. We
even had one come back for a second try!

This test was, unfortunately, scheduled for the same day as the Seahawk
playoff
game. Each of us got to watch a portion of the game during the rotation and I
could see the TV from one operating position while I called CQ. I think I was
lucky enough to see most of the fun stuff.

Chuck, N7BV, left another team of guys up at his place in Port Angeles (using
his call). Sounds like they beat us handily. Hats off to that team. We can
never have too many teams in the area.

Go Hawks!
n7wa