[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint P49X(W0YK) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ed@w0yk.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC RY-Sprint P49X(W0YK) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 02:46:25 +0000
                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - Jan 2

Call: P49X
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: P40L/P49Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:   6      3
   40:   9      5
   20:   4      3
Total:  19     11  Total Score = 209

Club: Loma Prieta Contest Club

Comments:

Arrived late yesterday.  Had to repair the 40m Yagi this morning.  Started
setting up the station this afternoon while trying to recover from the tower
work.  Climbed a 9' mast at 85' to get to the 40m Yagi to tilt it down and
replace the balun and coax jumper.  In the constant high, gusty winds, doing
such a task by myself was exhausting.

Used NS RTTY to find the first round of setup issues.  Main problem was the
shack K3 left at 9600 Baud when it has always been 38400.  Could hear you guys
fine, but no transmit.  Finally figured it out after NS, so was SO1R.

Sorry for sending W0YK and CA in the beginning.  Didn't quite have my messages
trimmed up.  Never done NS RTTY from here and didn't get all the edits in my
import from CA.

Never heard anyone on 160, not even W1UJ or N3QE, if they were on.  CQ'd for
the last five minutes on 1806.  Not a peep.

Thanks for putting up with me.  It was a valuable half-hour in terms of finding
issues.  I would have run into them running Europe early tomorrow, but now I can
operate rather than troubleshoot.   ;>)

Ed W0YK/P49X