[3830] CQWW CW PJ4S(DL1NX) SOSB(A)/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ4S(DL1NX) SOSB(A)/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 21:09:14 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4S
Operator(s): DL1NX
Station: PJ4S

Class: SOSB(A)/10 LP
QTH: Kralendjk

------------------------------
Total: 1688    34      102  Total Score = 667,488

Club: Rio DX Group

Comments:

What an experience! :)
Before Contest, I met all guys from PJ4X ann PJ4A. Was a very nice time to chat
not only about contest.
Lets talk about the experience.
Murphy made presence before my trip starts. My yagi kit for my buddipole didn't
arrive on time. So I had to use only the dipole with the original buddipole
mast.
Also my PS was 220v when no 220v socket in the house. :( (I checked it before
but I was told that it was one there).
The house is 2 km from the sea, I can't see the sea from there, maybe if I went
higher like 10m over, it would be possible to see it. Simple yagis at right
height could improve it a lot. :)
First hours were terrible without much to do, just a couple of QSOs and sleep.
I woke up earlier on Saturday, around 10:00 UTC but nothing on bands for me,
only 2 hours later I started to hear some EU stations and I started my CQ. When
the EU stations started to come in a very nice pile-up, I had a pause of 1 hour
because the power supply just died. Thanks to Peter - PJ4NX, that brought me a
spare one but I couldn't get full power on radio and I had to deal with 70-80
Watts until the end. Been a very small pistol in a privileged place it helps a
lot, could be worse if was in just a ordinary DXCC.
As no antennas to fight for a multiplier and loose frequency very often for big
guns that not even heard me, I had to be smart to get some multipliers and of
course very lucky. The cluster didn't work well for me this time as I couldn't
fight for a multiplier or even be heard for other stations calling like zone 23
and 24. Of course some multipliers just came to me and it was a very pleasant
surprise, like 5X1SA. I could hear all, pacific, asia or africa, but hard to be
heard or go thru the EU/NA wall.
Sunday was even worse, terrible conditions, CQing alone most of the time. I
think I could choose the classic category instead.
Anyway, the results did not match my goals, maybe because I did my goals based
on 2 el. Yagi at 6m high and with the VOCAP prediction.
My goals were 2000 QSOs, 35 Zones and 130 Countries.
At end I had a lot of fun before and after contest on the island.
I hope to see you all from somewhere else next time.

73
Alex
PJ4S | PY2SEX | DL1NX