[3830] CQWW CW VE6JY(VE5MX) SOSB(A)/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve5mx@sasktel.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE6JY(VE5MX) SOSB(A)/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 05:32:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6JY
Operator(s): VE5MX
Station: VE6JY

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: DO33or
Operating Time (hrs): 40.5
Radios: SO2R

   20: 3228    39      154
------------------------------

In the 19 years that I have been making the trek to VE6JY I've never encountered
conditions like we experienced on the weekend. The over the pole opening to EU
on Friday night was one for the ages, 140 Q's in 0800Z hour, and all 3
pointers. Nope, never done that before. In fact from 05Z through 09Z every hour
was a 100+ hour. It really set the tone for the whole weekend. The first 24
hours was so good that I operated all but 94 minutes of it! The 2nd 24 hours
brought the usual slow down but some delicious DX interspersed with some good
runs.

It will be a long time before this contest fades from my memory.

Thank you to Don VE6JY for the effort of making a path through the snow so that
we could find the road into the station, to making sure my truck would start
after the -35 C night time temperatures, you could not ask for a better host or
a better station to operate from.

73 Todd
VE5MX