[3830] CQWW CW N7BV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7bv@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N7BV M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 03:02:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N7BV
Operator(s): AE7XI K7NEW N7BV KC7BEY
Station: N7BV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WWA

  160:   10     6        5
   80:   71    16       27
   40:  470    31       82
   20:  392    39      108
   15:  489    35      102
   10:  534    31      103
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

The contest started off with some technical troubles, the new/used TL-922amp's
antenna switch started acting up to the point it wouldn't key.   After three
hours we had it back online, however on Saturday afternoon the relay again
struck forcing us to have to manually switch back to RX.   This was on the mult
station so we worked around it for the rest of the contest.

Propagation was just great, by 1600 we were in the mid 500s ; by the half way
point Saturday we were at 1038 Qs.  Our goal became 3 million.   It would have
been nice to have had another operator; we only had two full time operators
until Saturday midday.

There were some nice multipliers and all 39 zones 20m.  Garrett, KC7BEY
operated his first contest and really turned up the energy in the room.  Over
all a very good contest and camaraderie.

Thanks for all the Q's.   A special thanks to Dennis, AD7TV who came over to
help with the amp problem on Friday.

73, Chuck