[3830] ARRL FD KE0G 1B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KE0G 1B QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:12:28 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: KE0G
Operator(s): KE0G
Station: KE0G

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: MN

  160:
   80:    9
   10:    7
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  439     0       0  Total Score = 4,490

K3 at 5 watts to two antennas:  a 25' vertical raised 10' above ground, with 4
raised radials, each 16' long, fed with parallel feed line, and a 15'/25'
off-center-fed dipole up 20' again fed with parallel line.  Vertical was better
by far this year.  All bands had QSB that cycled in/out at different rates.  If
a station couldn't hear me, I'd wait until they peaked again later, and quick
give them a call before the band would drop out again.  It reminded me of the
in/out fades of six meters, only slower.  Had a good run of QSO's, 439, which
is second only to 504 Q's in 2011.  20/40 were the money bands, 15M provided
about half as much, 80/10 were weak with 16 total Q's.  QRN seemed higher than
usual this year across the continent.  We had two storms pass over.  One had
lightning, the other didn't, so there wasn't much time lost due to grounding
out antennas this year.  If mosquitos were part of the scoring for FD I believe
I would have top score this year.  They were vicious, aggressive, and thick. Any
antenna tweaking was planned in the RV and done quickly, while doing the slap,
move, and hand shoo.  I enjoyed this FD and can't wait 'til next year! 73,
ke0g Dan