[3830] 7QP N7GP(N5IA) SOSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5ia@zia-connection.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7GP(N5IA) SOSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 16:25:36 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N7GP

Class: SOSSB LP
QTH: AZGHM
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Remote Operation

   40:         125
----------------------------
Total:   0     125      0  Mults = 35  Total Score = 8,750

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Up at 5 AM local, but not to operate 7QP.  There was other Ham work to do.  My
pickup wanted to turn off US Hwy 70 to the location where I had operated 7QP
each of the past 7 years.  I somewhat had withdrawal.

I spent 9 hours installing anchors and base foundations for 160 Meter and 80
Meter verticals with the assistance of Steve, N7AIL.

Upon arriving back home in New Mexico at sundown, and after showering and
eating supper, I turned on the remote control of the N7GP station and worked 40
Meter SSB in the 7QP to get my fix and maintain my string of operations in the
contest.

The K3 AT loaded the 160 Meter vertical (the only TX antenna I have in place at
this time) quite nicely.  The band appeared to be in decent shape with very
little QRN, not too crowded, and medium range propagation.

I made three Q's S&Ping while looking for a clear frequency to run on.  I
settled in at 7.170 and spent the next nearly 3 hours enjoying good signals and
response from callers.

I worked all the 7th District states and had both Hawaii and Alaska call in.
Best east coast contacts were to some CT stations operating in the NEQP.

Thanks for the contacts and the "Fix".

7 de Milt, N5IA, operator of N7GP