[3830] CQ160 CW OM6TY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, peter.kristof@mzv.sk
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OM6TY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 23:20:15 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OM6TY
Operator(s): OM6TY
Station: OM6TY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JN99JK

Total:  QSOs = 726  State/Prov = 12  Countries = 56  Total Score = 257,924

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Nice contest, but there were some things went wrong. First I had to swich to
unasisted category before the contest, due to coverage problem of my cell
operator. The second problem was lack of time. I planed only 1 day for
preparing QTH inclooding antenas. Actualy planed to build inverterd L and 2
beverages 220m long(cca 310 and 60 degrees). Twice I climed up, first to the
cca 15 M coniferous tree and second time to a 25 M tower.Both times without any
help and support from the land, during quite strong wind and cca minus 5 degrees
Celsius. Finished inv L cca 3 hours before the contest. Decision to build up a
beverages on saturday was changed after we found that temperature outside was
less
then minus 14. So all the time of contest I used only one inverted L(no RX
antenas). Also had a problem to conect radio to PC through USB interface, so I
used all the time paddle keyer. 48 ten-points QSO with low power is nice and
worth the effort prooven before and during the contest. Some highlites are
FM5BH,NP4A,KV4FZ,6Y3M,7Z1SJ,3V8BB. Missed PJ2T, HD2A, CE1/K7CA, V31YN, JA3YBK,
JH4UYB, ZF2KE ..... all of them heard, but did not break through EU pile up.
And I guess 100 Watts was not enough.
Thanks to all for QSO.

VY 73 de Peter, OM6TY