[3830] CQ160 CW WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:37:15 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ar
Operating Time (hrs): 25+

Total:  QSOs = 1051  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 35  Total Score = 293,880

Robot had my log before 8 a.m. Sunday morning.
As usual, robot bitching about my n1mm heading.
I just can't seem to say 'no assistance' properly.

In giving some thought to this game we play
I find some similarities between chicken farming
and 160 meter contesting.
We put a lot of money into both activities.
Neither produces a living wage.

In both cases I sometimes find
I am over my boot tops in manure.

Over 1k of log entries and only 35 countries worked,
says a lot about operator technique.

Saturday morning I was shoulder to shoulder
 with an 18 wheeler in the Ja window.

Sunday morning I didn't see anyone in my lane.
However turns out the Ja's were working two of us
on same freq.

Oh well , won't be any problem for the Robot log checker.

With high hopes, I kept a beverage open toward South Pacific,
No joy.

Marlene will do the upcoming ssb in couple weeks.

Doug, cw op at wd5r