[3830] CQ160 CW W5MX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bydal@roadrunner.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W5MX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:26:37 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KY

Total:  QSOs = 1240  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 42  Total Score = 324,423

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

As others have commented, condx not the greatest in this area. Very noisy condx
with blowing snow accross the fields where my beverages are located. Other
times there was noise, without wind so not sure what that was. Was worse Friday
night, and more scattered Saturday night. At times the noise was s9+, but
frequently s7-s8. So apologies to any that called and I missed you. Normally I
hear very well, but likely missed some with the noise. But with that all aside,
the basic propagation still didnt seem that great to EU at all, with condx
better Saturday night.
Started Friday evening right at 22:00, had to work until 21:00 so no rest
before the contest. Made it to about 08:30 and hit the wall. Went to bed and
got up for the local sunrise. Almost the same for Saturday night. Operated to
about the same time, and went to bed and made the sunrise again.
I keep wanting to take a couple days off before the test every year, but
something always seems to be happening at work hihi. And I have about 400 hours
of vacation saved up too. Oh well, no work = no contest budget :-).
But like any 160 contest, I absolutley love itd and enjoyed myself as always.
Thanks to all the great ops out there and the many contacts.
Will likely be travelling for work during the ARRL DX CW so this the last major
contest for me for a while.
73's all de Bryan
W5MX