[3830] CQ160 CW PC5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pc5m@pc5m.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW PC5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 18:00:30 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: PC5M
Operator(s): PA3AUC PA3CQE PA3DSB PC5M
Station: PC5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Netersel

Total:  QSOs = 950  State/Prov = 34  Countries = 63  Total Score = 525,000

Condx not as good as previous years, but we had fun with our new 4 square
vertical RX array (20 feet verticals spaced 79 feet) and home made high
Z-amplifiers/phasing box. After some tweaking during Saturday afternoon the
performance seemed to be comparable to our 1000 feet beverage !. Did copy a.o.
JA very good, but too big a pile up... Think we will plan to upgrade to a 8
circle array and dump the beverages, much faster to deploy in our field day
style setup.

First stint we did had an issue with our PA driver and seemed to be sometimes
copied as GC5M...sorry guy's no GW multiplier...Luckily we could fix it before
the second night.

Also we did use the full SDR based KX3 as main transceiver, did perform
surprisingly well with the EU wall to wall signals. Next time we mount it in a
16 inch chassis with a paving brick inside so it will feel like a real trx....

As we need to dismantle the full station, including the 100 feet vertical, we
were not qrv the last evening/night.
Some pics at: http://www.pc5m.net/pictures/category/15-contest-160-2014

Tnx for all the qso's and see you next year

73's Carel, pc5m

Op's: pa3auc, pa3cqe, pa3dsb, pc5m
Support: pa3bpl, pa3clh, pe1itr, Richard