[3830] NAQP CW K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:38:17 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6:30

   80:  143    41
   40:   23    15
   20:   42    20
Total:  208    79  Total Score = 16,432

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Central 1

Comments:

My tree-supported 200-ft dipole -- reinstalled in December after one of the
support lines parted -- was not working right.  No match on 160M (so no QSOs),
hard to match on some other bands.  I had to use the old Transmatch Junior
instead of the TS-850's autotuner.

During the 'Test I felt like I was loading up an open feedline.  I was half
right.  On Sunday I lowered the dipole and found an open wire in the ladder
line (inside the insulation!), a few inches below the antenna.  I guess that
makes it a 100-ft Zepp.  Not very effective.

Had some software problems with CT.  It would not recognize WP2 as KP2, and it
could not resolve XE2.  Yet another reason to go to more modern software.