[3830] RTTY Roundup KE5OG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KE5OG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 02:03:47 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KE5OG
Operator(s): KE5OG
Station: KE5OG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

Total: 1298  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 47  Total Score = 133,694

This one didn't quite turn out like I expected. With the propagation forecast, I
had big plans for myself but it just didn't pan out. Saturday afternoon was good
and 80 and 40 were crystal clear that night but Sunday was really weak.

Where I really didn't cut it, was the mults. My goal was to improve on last
year (110) but I only worked 103. I missed VT and DC in the US but never really
got going with Europe Sunday morning. 20 was open early but there wasn't much
there. As usual, from deep in the heart of Far West Texas, I could see folks to
the east working stations I never heard. Price you pay for living in paradise I
guess.

I did get hammered a few times for being low power. Twice somebody came in on
top of me while I was still trying to complete a QSO with a mult. Ouch.

But, I made more Q's than ever before and had a lot of fun. Once again there
seemed to be a lot of new stations on. That's a great trend.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts.