[3830] TBDC KI0I Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KI0I Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 02:43:51 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KI0I
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: KI0I

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 10:52

Total:  QSOs = 406  Total Score = 2,003

I look forward to the TBDC  all year and think what I woould like to do better
on antennas, well this year was almost the same as last except my Hytower
Vertical is base loaded instead of having a wire off the top as an Inverted L
configuration. Last winter I didn't get the top wire down in time and ice
buckled the stinger. Didn't want to mess with that again so used the base
base loaded Vert under 60' category...wish it was 120'! The Band was pretty
decent local but the dx from EU was non-existant for me.Snagged a couple
Caribbeans and Al in Chile was doing his usual miracle work ! I got real fuzzy
early Sun. morning and I think I was awake to work ZL3IX but I guess log
checking will tell if it was true hihi.Got up from a 4hr nap ,turned the radio
on and  JA3YBK was pounding in the headphones. One call did it to the
superstation from Japan. Long qso's were rare here in the middle but an
abundance of right and left coast stations ad up in the points total. Not a lot
of use to turn in a score as it will change during scoring but it's nice to have
hope! Thanks to all for scratching a small signal from the noise to make a
contact. All the best in the new Year and hope to See you in the 2014 Big Stew.
 The folks at the Boring ARC have the best contest going 73 Mark KI0I