[3830] ARRL 10 K9OM SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, RLVZ@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K9OM SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 19:38:38 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K9OM
Operator(s): K9OM
Station: K9OM

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5

   CW:  560   129
  SSB:  216    86
-------------------
Total:  776   215  Total Score = 575,340

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Wonderful band conditions made this a real joy.  Wall-to-wall S-9 or better
signals from 28.0 to 28.7 Mhz!  The S-meter on my K3, which is normally on the
conservative side, peaked 20dB higher than it ever peaked before.

Antennas were modest but each one made numerous Q's that weren't possible by
the other 2 antennas.  Amazingly, my yagi's at 60' and 20' were often
outperformed by a simple Solarcon A-99 Ground Plane w/GPKT Radial Kit.
(the Solarcon was mounted 6' above a saltwater river which I'm sure helped, but
I'm not sure by how much)

2014 be a wonderful year!

Happy Holidays: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

73,
Dick- K9OM