[3830] CQWW CW K7RL M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7RL M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:30:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL KL2A
Station: K7RL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: WA

  160:   75    14       15
   80:  313    26       57
   40: 1171    37      129
   20: 1172    38      125
   15:  969    38      139
   10:  611    31      113
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Jon, KL2A, for coming out to Camano Island for our first M/2
operation. Our goal was to get some practice for WRTC next year in the new M/2
format, which included testing our equipment, software, etc. in the heat of
battle. We picked a good weekend as conditions were excellent and our raw score
appears to be a new W7 M/2 record, assuming no else in W7 broke it.

Speaking of excellent, how about that 40m band?! It just wouldn’t quit and
allowed us to post some high band type numbers in the country and Q department.
The second night, we enjoyed an EU run that started early evening and kept going
through sunrise, mainly into zone 16, 17, 18, with some 14 and 15. The JA’s
were even loudest pointing due north. Interesting conditions to say the least.

10m was good, but not great. We had a good EU run Saturday morning, but Sunday
morning was a struggle to get much going. 15m even sputtered into EU.

All-in-all, it was a good weekend to play radio and work so many great ops
around the world!

Thank you to all for the Qs and Happy Thanksgiving.

73, Mitch, K7RL