[3830] SS CW K3STX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3stx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3STX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 03:12:31 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

   10:    2

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had fun while I was in there, but my heart was never really in it. Maybe it
was the flag football game on Saturday with my sons U9 team, or spending weeks
working on my daughters college application stuff, or "recovering"
from the stress of the government furlough (all my labs experiments were
ruined). I think I am just tired these days, and just was not in the mood to
"work" for contacts. I couldn't get any significant runs, so almost
all S&P, which is tedious and not nearly as fun as running. After I
completed the sweep with EWA at 7am, it was a struggle to force myself to get
on during the rest of the day.

Maybe I'm just getting old or a bit burnt out, but this was the least fun I
have had when I did not simply say "forget it" and pull the plug.

paul

TS-590S/ 400 watt amp
20/40 fan dipole NE/SW at 40 feet; 100' long dipole E/W up 50 feet, and 80 M
wire vertical