[3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 06:30:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:   45     6        5
   40:   90    15       16
   20:  181    26       78
   15:  466    33       83
   10:  404    25       68
------------------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Last year, I said "What great fun!". I think this year was
exponentially more fun. Band conditions were pretty darn good, and I spent more
time on 10m and 15m than I had planned to; hence, the rather low number of Qs on
20m. Fabulous run to EU on Sunday morning on 15m, despite auroral shifts, and
I'm really pleased to have more EU calls in my log than last year. Very tough
to pick out full calls from the wall of noise but this is a skill I look
forward to perfecting. (smile)
Also had fun in a very JIDX-esque run in the afternoon on 15m. Lots and lots of
JA stations on this weekend.
Highlight moments were definitely Qs with familiar calls and a quick hello amid
the frantic pace of a pileup. Loved the surprise DX -- didn't expect the calls
from the direction I was beaming -- too.
In the end, higher score and components thereof. My thanks to everyone I was
able to put in the log.
Until next time, good DX and happy contesting.
Rebecca VA7BEC